ERJ Open Research is a new fully open access original research journal, published online by the European Respiratory Society. The journal aims to publish high-quality work in all fields of respiratory science and medicine, covering basic science, clinical translational science and clinical medicine.
The journal was created to help fulfil the ERS objective to disseminate scientific and educational material to its members and to the medical community, but also to provide researchers with an affordable open access specialty journal in which to publish their work.
ERJ Open Research is built on the following principles.
- Rigorous peer review: manuscripts will be evaluated by an experienced and well-regarded editorial board and reviewers.
- Rapid publication: continuous publication means that articles can be published in their final, copyedited form as little as 3 weeks after acceptance.
- High production values: the ERS in-house technical and production staff will copyedit manuscripts, redraw figures and work with authors to ensure the published paper reflects the hard work that went into their research.
- Open access: all ERJ Open Research papers are free to read, share and reuse under the CC-BY or CC-BY-NC licences. Publication fees are kept low, with discounts for ERS members and researchers from lower-income countries.
- ERS backing: the European Respiratory Society brings together the leading thinkers in respiratory science and medicine to organise the world’s largest respiratory congress, publish a range of journals and books, organise respiratory education and lobby for better respiratory health. ERJ Open Research has the strongest possible support.
You can find out more about submitting manuscripts to ERJ Open Research, including details of manuscript preparation, copyright licensing and author processing fees, on our Instructions for authors page.
This page was updated on 13 October, 2016